Position Status: Full TimeCase Manager(s)
FLSA: non-exempt (hourly)
Supervised by: Director of Case Management Services
GENERAL DESCRIPTION AND PURPOSE:
The overall responsibility of the Case Manager is to provide case management services to residential and non-residential program participants; facilitate evening groups; on call responsibilities on evenings and weekends, assure the coordination of services with other agencies; assist with the coordination of necessary shelter programs/activities; and provide therapeutic interventions as appropriate. As needed this position also provides coverage to the crisis line.
The qualifications listed below are representative of the education, experience, skill/ability, and licenses/credentials required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services field or equivalent experience
- Master’s Degree in Human Services field preferred
- Experience in the field of domestic and/or sexual violence, preferred.
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated experience and ease working with a diverse population of clients.
- Ability to handle crisis situations with sensitivity and assertiveness
- Strong organizational skills
- Speak effectively before groups of clients.
- Ability to maintain accurate data and documentation of client services
- Flexibility and ability to prioritize job responsibilities
- Ability to provide and receive supervision
- Demonstrates effectiveness as a member of a team as well as the ability to work independently
- Work in basic computer programs such as MS Word & Excel.
- Demonstrates skills of self-direction
- Bilingual preferred.
- Provide case management to primary and secondary survivors of domestic violence.
- Coordinate and implement evening shelter groups.
- Provide crisis intervention as necessary.
- Provide support for all other FAC programs.
- Maintain shelter programming statistics.
- Maintain communication with case management team and other shelter staff.
- Informally supervise interns and volunteers as necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Provide on-call and crisis line coverage as necessary.
- On call evenings and weekends on a rotation with other staff.
- Believe in and act in accordance with the agency’s mission statement and goals
- Experience working with diverse population and groups.
- Read and interpret documents such as operating manuals and professional journals.
- Write routine reports, correspondence and appropriate case notes.
- Document all client services as well as community outreach work
Please send cover letter and resume to Melissa.firstname.lastname@example.org