FLSA Status: non-exempt (hourly)
GENERAL DESCRIPTION AND PURPOSE:
The overall responsibility of the Case Manager is to provide case management services to residential clients; facilitate evening groups; assist with the coordination of necessary shelter programs/activities; and provide therapeutic interventions as appropriate. This position also provides coverage to the crisis line, and represents FAC at community events.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services field or equivalent experience
- Master’s Degree in Human Services field preferred
- 1-2 years experience in the field of Domestic and/or Sexual Violence preferred, or the same amount of residential services and/or case management experience
- Experience in social or human service field required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated experience and ease working with a diverse population of clients
- Ability to handle crisis situations with sensitivity and assertiveness
- Strong organizational skills
- Demonstrates effectiveness as a member of a team as well as the ability to work independently and to take initiative
- Flexibility and ability to prioritize job responsibilities
- Ability to provide and receive peer supervision
- Ability to maintain personal balance and accomplish multiple tasks that require a variety of skills
- Demonstrates skills of self-direction
- Bilingual preferred
- None required
- Housing and Shelter Coordinator
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE CASE MANAGER:
- Provide case management to primary and secondary survivors of domestic violence.
- Coordinate and implement evening shelter groups.
- Provide crisis intervention as necessary.
- Provide support for all other FAC programs.
- Maintain communication with case management team and other shelter staff.
- Informally supervise interns and volunteers as necessary.
- Perform other duties as determined by the Shelter Coordinator.
- Provide on-call and crisis line coverage.
Send cover letters and resumes to Kathy.Reid@familyabusecenter.org.