Full-time HOPES Administrative Assistant
Position Status: Full-Time
FLSA: Non-exempt (hourly)
Supervised by: HOPES Coordinator
Please email resumes and cover letters to Rachel.Heeringa@familyabusecenter.org.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION AND PURPOSE:
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for secretarial and receptionist duties, data entry into the DFPS PEIRS database and working with the coordinator to ensure quality data. This position will also be responsible for the website, publicize and promote the HOPES program through the use of TV, radio, Bright By Text and electronic media. The Administrative Assistant will also work to recruit families into the HOPES Program, outreach efforts will be done through partnering agencies, all 19 school districts in McLennan County, faith-based organizations and churches, institutions of higher education (MCC, TSTC, Baylor University) and other community organizations.
The qualifications listed below are representative of the education, experience, skill/ability, and licenses/credentials required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations or a related field preferred.
- 2 or more years of experience in data entry is preferred.
- 2 or more years of experience in public relations is preferred.
- Bilingual preferred.
- Computer skills; including web browsing, e-mail, data entry, Microsoft Office, Canva, Zoom, WordPress.
- Strong organization and record-keeping skills, attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated.
- Demonstrates effectiveness as a member of a team as well as the ability to work independently and to take initiative.
- Ability to maintain personal balance and accomplish multiple tasks that require a variety of skills.
- Enter and maintain program data.
- Provide data reports to the HOPES Coordinator in a timely fashion to meet grant requirements.
- Participate in continuous quality improvement.
- Coordinator publicity for the HOPES program.
- Send out BrightByText community messages.
- Run HOPES social media and website.
- Engage in outreach efforts in the community.
- Develop and implement a media campaign.
- Continuously provide information and representations in school districts, churches and non-profit agencies to recruit families to the HOEPS program.
- Other duties as assigned.