Part-time Maintenance Worker
Position Status: Part-Time
FLSA: Non-exempt (hourly)
Supervised by: Director of Finance
Please email resumes and cover letters to our Executive Director at Whitney.Thomas@familyabusecenter.org.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION AND PURPOSE
The overall responsibility of the Maintenance Worker is to pick up and manage repairs and maintenance needs for the facility.
The qualifications listed below are representative of the education, experience, skill/ability and licenses/credentials required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Experience in driving a cargo van.
- Basic maintenance skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to maintain accurate documentation of donations.
- Ability to resolve conflict.
- Provide and receive supervision.
- Demonstrates effectiveness as a member of a team as well as the ability to work independently.
- Maintains a stable, dependable work schedule, arriving on time and fulfilling all responsibilities.
- Ability to use small hand tools and work on a ladder.
- Valid Texas Driver's License and clear driving record.
- Must be able to lift large and heavy items, move large boxes, work on a ladder and other general maintenance work.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assist Case Managers with clients move into housing program.
- Weekly evaluation (test drive) all FAC vehicles and fuel all vehicles. Make sure all vehicles are properly tagged and inspected (including FAC trailer).
- Knowledge of safe work principles and practices.
- Pick up donations/orders as needed.
- Believe in and act in accordance with the agency's mission statement and goals.
- Experience working with diverse population and groups.
- Performs preventive maintenance procedures on building mechanical equipment and a variety of custodial tasks, including simple landscape maintenance, change air filters, etc.
- Daily property inspection including playground to maintain a high quality of safety standards.
- Read and interpret documents such as operating manuals.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor.