Family Abuse Center is looking for your support for the Stars of 2017’s Dancing with the Waco Stars. Please find tickets listed below for purchase. Should you have any questions, please contact Whitney Thomas as 254-772-8999.
Title: Thrift Store Clerk
Supervisor: Store Manager
Status: Non-Exempt (Part-Time)
Scope of Duties:
Greet donors, accept donations, obtain donor information and distribute receipts. Maintain good donor relationshjps. Sort, price, inventory and display donated merchandise following established guidelines. Maximize profitability of donations by repairing, cleaning, combining, and attractively displaying the donated merchandise. Dress display windows weekly, replacing items when sales are made. Answer phones, create and print signs and price tags, greet customers, run the register as needed following opening and closing procedures and money-handling guidelines. Make deposits as directed. Vacuum floors, dust displays and shelves, clean windows, bathrooms, and floors when scheduled. Work with volunteers as assigned. Attend scheduled staff meetings. Perform other duties as assigned. Evening and weekend work may be required.
Essential Job Functions:
- Greet donors, receive donations and receipt appropriately.
- Maintain good donor and customer relationships.
- Sort, clean, repair, price and inventory donations as directed to maximize their value and profitability.
- Assist customers and complete sales using the register and credit card processing system as assigned.
- Wash, dry, steam and press clothes as needed for appropriate display.
- Display merchandise in an orderly and appealing manner.
- Safeguard store assets through loss prevention techniques including appropriate cash handling procedures, minimizing theft opportunities, reporting suspected shoplifting, securing premises consistently at closing and during store hours, and diligently maintaining observation and control of entrances, exits and employee only areas.
- Other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or GED. Demonstrate the ability to accurately make change and use a cash register after training. Must be able to lift at least 25 pounds, climb stairs and stand for extended periods of time. Must have good verbal communication skills and the ability to work cooperatively with others as a team. Bilingual language skills in Spanish and English are not necessary but would be considered an asset.
All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
I have read and understood the Thrift Store Clerk Job description. I am willing and able to perform the functions described.
Send resume to Whitney.Thomas@familyabusecenter.org.
FLSA Status: Non-exempt (hourly)
GENERAL Description and PURPOSE:
The Family Abuse Center depends on the Resident Advocates to ensure that our shelter is staffed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The primary responsibilities of the Resident Advocates (RA) are to provide crisis intervention and referrals on the 24-hour crisis line and provide resident assistance to those in the 24-hour shelter. R.A’s approve admission to FAC in accordance with policies and procedures, provide front desk coverage (answering incoming calls, assisting residents at front desk, etc.) in between hotline calls as needed, provides shelter intakes to incoming shelter residents and help clients move and settle into shelter and participates in volunteer training when needed. Other duties include crisis intervention, meal preparation, maintaining client records, and ensuring confidentiality.
Current Need: Must be available overnight shifts, weekends, and over the holidays.
• High School Diploma or GED
• 1-2 years experience in the field of Domestic and/or Sexual Violence preferred, or the same amount of residential services and/or case management experience
• Experience in social or human service field required
• Strong verbal communication skills
• Ability to problem solve and diffuse conflict under pressure
• Demonstrate experience and ease working with a diverse population of clients
• Ability to handle crisis situations with sensitivity and assertiveness
• Strong organizational skills
• Demonstrates effectiveness as a member of a team as well as the ability to work independently and to take initiative
• Flexibility and ability to prioritize job responsibilities
• Ability to maintain personal balance and accomplish multiple tasks that require a variety of skills
• Demonstrates skills of self-direction
• Light clerical duties
• None required
• Shelter Coordinator
RESPONSIBILITIES OF RESIDENT ADVOCATE:
1. Provide direct services to primary and secondary survivors of domestic violence:
2. Provide non-direct service activities for primary and secondary survivors of domestic violence
3. Maintain Shelter Programming Statistics and Documentation.
4. Maintain a secure, clean, and respectful shelter location and work environment
5. Maintain communication with case management team and other shelter staff.
6. Represent FAC positively and effectively to other agencies, service systems, and communities
7. Other duties as determined by the Shelter Coordinator or Executive Director
Send cover letters and resumes to Jennifer.Mikeska@familyabusecenter.org.
We are looking for people to help volunteer at our Thrift Store 2nd Chance. With the holiday season coming up the staff is getting overwhelmed with all the donations coming in so having people to assist would be a huge help to us. If you are interested feel free to give the thrift store a call at 254-753-6469.