FLSA Status: Non-exempt (hourly)
Overnight Availability Required: 10:00 PM – 6:00 AM
GENERAL Description and PURPOSE:
The Family Abuse Center depends on the Resident Advocates to ensure that our shelter is staffed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The primary responsibilities of the Resident Advocates (RA) are to provide crisis intervention and referrals on the 24-hour crisis line and provide resident assistance to those in the 24-hour shelter. R.A’s approve admission to FAC in accordance with policies and procedures, provide front desk coverage (answering incoming calls, assisting residents at front desk, etc.) in between hotline calls as needed, provides shelter intakes to incoming shelter residents and help clients move and settle into shelter and participates in volunteer training when needed. Other duties include crisis intervention, meal preparation, maintaining client records, and ensuring confidentiality.
Current Need: Must be available overnight shifts, weekends, and over the holidays.
• High School Diploma or GED
• 1-2 years experience in the field of Domestic and/or Sexual Violence preferred, or the same amount of residential services and/or case management experience
• Experience in social or human service field required
• Strong verbal communication skills
• Ability to problem solve and diffuse conflict under pressure
• Demonstrate experience and ease working with a diverse population of clients
• Ability to handle crisis situations with sensitivity and assertiveness
• Strong organizational skills
• Demonstrates effectiveness as a member of a team as well as the ability to work independently and to take initiative
• Flexibility and ability to prioritize job responsibilities
• Ability to maintain personal balance and accomplish multiple tasks that require a variety of skills
• Demonstrates skills of self-direction
• Light clerical duties
• None required
• Shelter Coordinator
RESPONSIBILITIES OF RESIDENT ADVOCATE:
1. Provide direct services to primary and secondary survivors of domestic violence:
2. Provide non-direct service activities for primary and secondary survivors of domestic violence
3. Maintain Shelter Programming Statistics and Documentation.
4. Maintain a secure, clean, and respectful shelter location and work environment
5. Maintain communication with case management team and other shelter staff.
6. Represent FAC positively and effectively to other agencies, service systems, and communities
7. Other duties as determined by the Shelter Coordinator or Executive Director
Send cover letters and resumes to Kathy.Reid@familyabusecenter.org.
Family Abuse Center
Part-time Adult/Child Counselor
Job Title: Bilingual Part-time Adult/Child Counselor
Reports to: Family Violence Counselor
FLSA Status: Non- exempt, Part time – 8-20 hours per week
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Adult/Child Counselor will provide Spanish-speaking individual and group counseling for primary and secondary adult/child victims of domestic violence.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide individual and group counseling
- Provide counseling services including diagnosing, assessing, and treating individuals utilizing crisis intervention, cognitive behavioral, solution focused, motivational interviewing, grief and loss, play therapy, and any other therapeutic techniques as necessary.
- Provide intensive case management when appropriate
- Identify client needs and make referrals for services when appropriate
- Maintain appropriate documentation for clients as required by supervisor, funders, and agency
- Complete other tasks as assigned by supervisor
- Master’s degree in social work or counseling required (LMSW, LCSW, LMFT-Associate, LMFT, LPC-Intern, or LPC)
- Bilingual Required
- Experience in the field of domestic and/or sexual violence
- Experience working with adults and children in crisis
- Experience providing individual and group counseling for primary and secondary adult/child victims of domestic violence
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience working with a diverse population and groups
- Strong organizational skills
- Understands appropriate conflict resolution and demonstrates skill
- Ability to maintain personal balance while accomplishing multiple tasks that require a variety of skills
- Ability to provide and receive peer supervision
- Demonstrates effectiveness as a member of a team as well as the ability to work independently
- Demonstrates skills of self-direction
- Flexibility and ability to prioritize job responsibilities.
Signature of Employee Date
Send resumes and cover letters to Jaja.Chen@familyabusecenter.org.
We have had such an amazing time this summer, but it’s time to start preparing for school again. Please keep in mind Family Abuse Center has students from Pre-Kindergarten all the way through High School. See below for a list of needed items. We greatly appreciate your support!
New/Gently Used uniforms
Erasers Quart size
Ziploc style bags
3 Ring Binders
Dry Erase Markers
Calculators (all grades)
Packages of wide-ruled notebook paper
Standard 12” ruler
We are sold out of tickets for this year’s Dancing with the Waco Stars. All tickets will be held at will call. Please note, if you did not personally purchase your tickets, they maybe listed under the name of the person/entity who purchased them. The doors will open at 6:00 pm. Dinner will be served promptly at 7:00 pm and the dancing will start at 7:30 pm. Should you have any questions, please contact Whitney Thomas as 254-772-8999.
Family Abuse Center is sold out of tickets for this year’s Dancing with the Waco Stars. All tickets will be held at will call. Please note, if you did not personally purchase your tickets, they maybe listed under the name of the person/entity who purchased them. The doors will open at 6:00 pm. Dinner will be served promptly at 7:00 pm and the dancing will start at 7:30 pm. For more information please see the Dancing with the Waco Stars Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/DancingWithTheWacoStars/ or call 254-772-8999.