Position Status: Full Time FLSA: Non-Exempt (hourly)
Supervised by: Associate Executive Director/Director of Finance
Please email resumes and cover letters to Whitney.Thomas@familyabusecenter.org
General Description and Purpose: The overall responsibility of the Staff Accountant is to assist the Associate Director/Director of Finance with select aspects of the finances of the Family Abuse Center.
Bachelor's Degree in the field of Accounting
The qualifications listed below are representative of the education, experience, skill/ability, and licenses/credentials required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Experience in the field of non-profit or for-profit accounting and/or finance preferred
- Experience working with QuickBooks
- Computer proficiency including, Microsoft Windows, Word and Excel.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to analyze and solve practical problems
- Ability to handle crisis situations with sensitivity and assertiveness
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Demonstrates effectiveness as a member of a team as well as the ability to work independently and to take initiative
- Flexibility and ability to prioritize job responsibilities
- Experience working with diverse populations and groups
- Demonstrates effectiveness in working as both a member of a team
- Understands appropriate conflict resolution and demonstrates skill in that area
- Ability to maintain personal balance while accomplishing multiple tasks that require a variety of skills
- Demonstrates skills of self-direction
- Ability to receive supervision
- Ability to maintain accurate data and documentation.
General bookkeeping functions: processing checks, deposits, preparing general journal entries for depreciation, accrued expenses, accrued interest receivable, etc.
- Performs payroll function.
- Prepare financial and accounting documents, reports and statements in compliance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Ensure safeguarding of financial records and equipment assets.
- Assist with monitoring and projecting cash flow.
- As needed, act as a back-up receptionist by helping to answer and direct calls, administer the telephone system, greet and announce clients/visitors and process incoming and outgoing mail and faxes
- Assist in the development of the organization’s annual budget.
- Assist with analyzing short-term and long-term fiscal goals and project cash requirements.
One Time Projects:
- Evaluate areas where increased use of software will benefit the organization.
- Develop and implement training schedule for increased software usage.
- Assist with developing, implementing, and testing written financial management policies and operating procedures.