SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The goal of shelter case management is to provide support for survivors of domestic violence through crisis intervention of psychoeducational. The Shelter Case Management Intern will provide adult and/or children case management as well as group support services.
- Bachelors or Masters Student - Social Work*, Sociology, Psychology (not limited to these fields)
- If you are a Bachelors Student, it is preferable that you are further along in your education (Junior, Senior year)
*Social work internships are generally filled through universities in Waco and the surrounding areas. We have established working relationships with these programs and they contact us 4-6 months in advance to determine our internship needs. Potential interns from other universities may be considered under certain circumstances, but those interns will probably need to be responsible for finding their own field supervision. Family Abuse Center cannot guarantee field supervision.
- Shelter Group - Thursdays from 6 p.m.-7 p.m. (on a rotation basis).
- Shelter Staff Meetings - Tuesday at 1 p.m.
- FAC Staff Meetings - first Wednesday of the month at 2 p.m. (optional).
- Case Management Work Group - Thursdays at 1 p.m. (highly recommended).
- Ability to meet with shelter clients twice a week - need flexible late afternoon/early evening schedule.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Represent FAC at community events and outreach organizations.
- Plan and facilitate support and FAC U groups.
- Update community resources/agency list as needed.
- Attend Shelter Staff Meetings.
- Maintain communication with case management team and other shelter staff.
- Special tasks as assigned.
- Provide case management services to shelter clients.
- Provide crisis intervention services as needed.
- Complete the appropriate referrals within the Family Abuse Center and to outside agencies.
- Assure coordination of services with other agencies.
- Provide coverage for the hotline.
- Complete intake packets.
- Assist in the Command Center as needed.