Position Status: Full-Time
FLSA: Non-Exempt (hourly)
Supervised by: Director of Finance/Associate Executive Director
Please email resumes and cover letters to email@example.com
GENERAL DESCRIPTION AND PURPOSE:
The overall responsibility of the Receptionist is to provide clerical support to the Administrative staff by assisting in the preparation of board packets, setting up filing systems, handling initial calls into the agency (both hotline and general calls), maintaining records, greet visitors, fill out required forms for the agency and provide day to day oversight of office operations. Keep department organized by ensuring necessary supplies and office equipment are available and in working order.
The regular workday for this position will be within Family Abuse Center business hours, M-F, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
The qualifications listed below are representative of the education, experience, skill/ability, and licenses/credentials required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Experience in office management.
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to maintain accurate data and documentation
- Provide and receive supervision
- Demonstrates effectiveness as a member of a team as well as the ability to work independently
- Work in basic computer programs such as MS Word & Excel. Strong computer skills, including ability to use various software applications, spreadsheets, databases, and graphics. MS Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge are a plus.
- Knowledge of working with volunteers, clients and staff.
- Bilingual preferred.
- Services as administrative support to the Finance Department, Development Department and Executive Director on duties as assigned.
- Ensure that all crisis calls are answered and appropriate referrals are made.
- Provides appropriate access for all visitors and contractors to the shelter while maintaining the confidentiality and safety of all clients.
- Believe in and act in accordance with the agency’s mission statement and goals
- Experience working with diverse population and groups.
- Read and interpret documents such as operating manuals.
- Perform other duties as assigned.