Part-Time Media Coordinator
Position Status: Part-Time
FLSA: Non-exempt (hourly)
Supervised by: Director of Development
Please email resumes and cover letters to Samantha.Dietzler@familyabusecenter.org.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION AND PURPOSE:
The Outreach Coordinator will work with the Family Abuse Center Director of Development and the Executive Director of Family Abuse Center to publicize and promote Family Abuse Center through the use of print and digital media.
The regular workday for this position will be within Family Abuse Center business hours, M-F, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., except for fundraisers and special events. Work hours cannot exceed 20 hours per week without pre-approved overtime.
The qualifications listed below are representative of the education, experience, skill/ability, and licenses/credentials required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- College student or Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing/Advertising, Public Relations, Journalism, Communications, Professional Writing, or a related field is required.
- Two or more years’ experience in public relations, social media or (digital) marketing preferred.
- Experience in social or human service field (domestic violence, sexual violence) helpful.
- Photography and videography.
- Familiar with web page design (WordPress).
- Proficient with Adobe Suite and/or Canva and Microsoft.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent time management and reliable in completion of tasks.
- Identify press opportunities through evolving issues.
- Developing content for broadcast, print and online distribution channels.
- Detail-oriented, organized and ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrates effectiveness as a member of a team as well as the ability to work independently and to take initiative.
- Managing content on social media channels including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Tik-Tok.
- Bilingual is a plus.
- None required
- Creating engaging text, image and video content.
- Researching audience preferences and discover current trends.
- Coordinate all social media content and publicity for Family Abuse Center.
- Create and execute media campaigns for awareness and fundraising. This includes attending events to capture content.
- Maintain consistent brand voice, style, tone and visual identity across all channels.
- Believe in and act in accordance with the agency’s mission statement and goals.
- Other duties as assigned.