GENERAL DESCRIPTION AND PURPOSE:
The overall responsibility of the Finance Assistant is to assist the Director of Finance and Executive Director with select aspects of the finances of the Family Abuse Center.
The qualifications listed below are representative of the education, experience, skill/ability, and licenses/credentials required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's Degree in the field of Accounting preferred.
- Experience in the field of non-profit or for-profit accounting and/or finance preferred.
- Experience working with QuickBooks.
- Community proficiency including Microsoft Windows, Word and Excel.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to analyze and solve practical problems.
- Ability to handle crisis situations with sensitivity and assertiveness.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Demonstrates effectiveness as a member of steam as well as the ability to work independently and to take initiative.
- Flexibility and ability to prioritize job responsibilities.
- Experience working with diverse populations and groups.
- Demonstrates effectiveness in working as both a member of a team.
- Understands appropriate conflict resolution and demonstrates skill in that area.
- Ability to maintain personal balance while accomplishing multiple tasks that require a variety of skills.
- Demonstrates skills of self-direction.
- Ability to receive supervision.
- Ability to maintain accurate data and documentation.
- General bookkeeping functions: processing checks, deposits, preparing general journal entries for depreciation, accrued expenses, accrued interest receivable, etc.
- Reviewing timesheets and payroll data.
- Assist with filing.
- Assist with audits and items needed for grants.
- As needed, act as a back-up receptionist by helping to answer and direct calls, administer the telephone system, greet and announce clients/visitors and process incoming and outgoing mail and faxes.
- Assist with some Human Resource duties, employment benefits packages, annual training, etc.
- Other duties assigned.