Part-Time Outreach/Media Coordinator
Position Status: Part-Time (not to exceed 10 hours per week)
FLSA: Non-exempt (hourly)
Supervised by: Development Coordinator
Please email resumes and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION AND PURPOSE:
The Outreach Coordinator will work with the Family Abuse Center Development Coordinator and the Executive Director to publicize and promote the HOPES program through the use of TV, radio, and electronic media. The Outreach Coordinator will also work to recruit families into the HOPES Program. Outreach efforts will be done through partnering agencies, all 19 school districts in McLennan County, faith-based organizations and churches, institutions of higher education (MCC, TSTC, Baylor U) and other community organizations.
The qualifications listed below are representative of the education, experience, skill/ability, and licenses/credentials required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- College Intern or Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Public Relations or a related field is required.
- 2 or more years of experience in public relations preferred.
- Strong computer skills, including the ability to use various software applications, spreadsheets and databases. MS Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint are a plus.
- Strong organizational and record-keeping skills, attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and be self=motivated.
- Demonstrates effectiveness as a member of a team as well as the ability to work independently and to take initiative.
- Ability to maintain personal balance and accomplish multiple tasks that require a variety of skills.
- Bilingual preferred.
- Coordinate publicity for the HOPES program.
- Develop and implement a media campaign.
- Continuously provide information and representations to school districts, churches and non-profit agencies to recruit families to the HOPES program.