SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The goal of the housing program is to provide support for survivors while creating sustainability, confidence and independence. The Housing Case Management Intern will provide adult case management and group support services to primary and secondary victims of Domestic Violence who are a part of FAC Housing Programs.
- MSW Student*
*Social work internships are generally filled through universities in Waco and the surrounding areas. We have established working relationships with these programs and they contact us 4-6 months in advance to determine our internship needs. Potential interns from other universities may be considered under certain circumstances, but those interns will probably need to be responsible for finding their own field supervision. Family Abuse Center cannot guarantee field supervision.
TIME REQUIREMENTS (Mandatory unless otherwise noted):
- Housing Staff Meeting via Zoom Friday 10:30 a.m.
- Housing Mini-Workshop via Zoom Tuesday 11:00 a.m.
- Case Management Work Group via Zoom Thursday 1 p.m. (highly recommended).
- Weekly Virtual Housing Group via Zoom Wednesday 6:30 p.m. (as assigned).
- Weekly Supervision Meeting (day and time TBD).
- FAC Staff Meetings First Wednesday of the Month 2 p.m. (optional).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Represent FAC at community events and outreach opportunities (reduced opportunities due to COVID)
- Understand roles of Heart of Texas Homeless Coalition and Community of Care
- Plan and facilitate weekly housing groups
- Publish monthly client newsletter
- Become Subject Matter Expert on assigned resource area
- Attend Housing Staff Meetings
- Facilitate coordination of services with other agencies
- Special tasks as assigned by Field Supervisor
- Provide case management services to housing clients
- Provide crisis intervention with clients as necessary
- Complete housing assessments with assigned clients
- Conduct homeownership and economic literacy courses with clients
- Make appropriate referrals for clients to outside resources
- Enter case management data into OSNIUM
- Maintain accurate and updated client files and documentation