Position Status: Full-time Shelter Manager
FLSA: non-exempt (hourly)
Supervised by: Director of Finance
This position supervises all Resident Advocates. In order to supervise all shifts, it will be required that the Shelter Manager work at least one weekend shift, one overnight shift and multiple pm shifts. In addition, the Shelter Manager will be responsible to make sure that all gaps in the schedule are filled. Therefore, the Shelter Manager must be flexible and available.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION AND PURPOSE:
The overall responsibility of the Shelter Manager is to oversee the day-to-day operations of the Family Abuse Center Shelter and schedule/supervise all Resident Advocates. As needed, this position will answer and document crisis calls and work collaboratively with case management staff from all FAC programs.
The qualifications listed below are representative of the education, experience, skill/ability, and licenses/credentials required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) preferred.
- High School Degree required
- Experience in the field of domestic and/or sexual violence.
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Speak effectively before groups of clients.
- Ability to maintain accurate data and documentation of client services
- Ability to resolve conflict
- Provide and receive supervision
- Demonstrates effectiveness as a member of a team as well as the ability to work independently
- Work in basic computer programs such as MS Word & Excel.
- Bilingual preferred.
- Facilitate the daily operation of the shelter
- Attend staff meeting and other case management meetings as required.
- Inventory warehouse and shelter supplies
- Schedule and supervise all Resident Advocates
- Provide direct assistance to residents:
- Maintain a secure and respectful shelter location and work environment:
- Maintain communication with case management team and other shelter staff.
- Maintenance of client and shelter records:
- Other duties as determined by the Director of Finance or Executive Director.
- Believe in and act in accordance with the agency’s mission statement and goals
- Experience working with diverse population and groups.
- Write routine reports, correspondence and appropriate case notes.
Resume and Cover letter to whitney.Thomas@familyabusecenter.org