Position Status: Part – Time Donation Driver
FLSA: non-exempt (hourly)
Supervised by: Director of Finance
GENERAL DESCRIPTION AND PURPOSE:
The overall responsibility of the Donation driver is to pick up and manage furniture donations for clients and provide pick up and manage excess donations to the thrift store.
The qualifications listed below are representative of the education, experience, skill/ability, and licenses/credentials required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- No requirement
- Experience in driving a cargo van..
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to maintain accurate documentation of donations
- Ability to resolve conflict
- Provide and receive supervision
- Demonstrates effectiveness as a member of a team as well as the ability to work independently
- Maintains a stable, dependable work schedule, arriving on time and fulfilling all responsibilities.
- Current driver’s license and clean driving record
Must be able to lift large and heavy furniture, move large boxes, work on a ladder and other general maintenance work.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assist Case Managers with clients move into housing program
- Weekly evaluation (test drive) all FAC vehicles and fuel all vehicles. Make sure all vehicles are properly tagged and inspected (including FAC trailer).
- Knowledge of safe work principles and practices.
- Pick up food bank deliveries, Sam’s orders, WISD food donations and other food related donations
- Believe in and act in accordance with the agency’s mission statement and goals
- Experience working with diverse population and groups.
- Performs preventive maintenance procedures on building mechanical equipment and a variety of custodial tasks, including simple landscape maintenance
- Daily property inspection including play ground to maintain a high quality of safety standards.
- Read and interpret documents such as operating manuals.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
To apply, send cover letter and resume to Whitney.email@example.com