Position Status: Full – Time
FLSA: non-exempt (hourly)
Supervised by: Shelter Manager
GENERAL DESCRIPTION AND PURPOSE:
The Family Abuse Center depends on the Resident Advocates to ensure that our shelter is staffed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The primary responsibilities of the Resident Advocates (RA) are to provide crisis intervention and referrals on the 24-hour crisis line and provide resident assistance to those in the 24-hour shelter. R.As approve admission to FAC in accordance with policies and procedures, provide front desk coverage (answering incoming calls, assisting residents at front desk, etc.) in between hotline calls as needed, provides shelter intakes to incoming shelter residents and help clients move and settle into shelter. Other duties include crisis intervention, meal preparation, maintaining client records, and ensuring confidentiality.
Current Need: Must be available overnight shifts, weekends, and over the holidays.
The qualifications listed below are representative of the education, experience, skill/ability, and licenses/credentials required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1-2 years experience in the field of Domestic and/or Sexual Violence preferred, or the same amount of residential services experience
- Experience in social or human service field (domestic violence, sexual violence) preferred.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to problem solve and diffuse conflict under pressure
- Demonstrate experience and ease working with a diverse population of clients
- Ability to handle crisis situations with sensitivity and assertiveness
- Demonstrates effectiveness as a member of a team as well as the ability to work independently and to take initiative
- Flexibility and ability to prioritize job responsibilities
- Ability to maintain personal balance and accomplish multiple tasks that require a variety of skills
- Demonstrates skills of self-direction
- Light clerical duties
- Ability to maintain accurate data and documentation of client services
- Provide and receive supervision
- Work in basic computer programs such as MS Word & Excel.
- Bilingual a plus.
The Overnight Shift is from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m.
Please send Resumes and cover letters to Whitney.firstname.lastname@example.org