Position Status: Full – Time Case Manager(s)
FLSA: non-exempt (hourly)
Supervised by: Director of Case Management Services
GENERAL DESCRIPTION AND PURPOSE:
The overall responsibility of the Case Manager is to provide case management services to housing clients to ensure they acquire the skills and resources necessary to become self-sufficient.
The qualifications listed below are representative of the education, experience, skill/ability, and licenses/credentials required. Reasonable accommodations maybe made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) in Social Work or related field. Master’s Degree (MSW) preferred. Knowledge of crisis intervention, case management, social work theory and ethics;
- Experience in the field of domestic and/or sexual violence.
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Speak effectively before groups of clients.
- Ability to maintain accurate data and documentation of client services
- Ability to resolve conflict
- Provide and receive supervision
- Demonstrates effectiveness as a member of a team as well as the ability to work independently
- Work in basic computer programs such as MS Word & Excel.
- Bilingual preferred.
- Obtains relevant social history, performs needs assessment for clients and goals, specifically on economic literacy and workforce readiness.
- Designs, implements and manages the client education opportunity system (FAC U) with an emphasis in economic literacy and workforce readiness.
- Provides all shelter and housing clients with group opportunities to learn about economic literacy and workforce readiness.
- Provide individual coaching to clients on economic literacy and workforce readiness, offering referrals as necessary.
- Provide current information on community resources including current information credit recovery, banking, workforce readiness.
- In accordance with the “team” philosophy of the agency, may occasionally be required to carry out or assist with grant related tasks in addition to the duties listed above.
- Believe in and act in accordance with the agency’s mission statement and goals
- Experience working with diverse population and groups.
- Read and interpret documents such as operating manuals and professional journals.
- Write routine reports, correspondence and appropriate case notes.
- Document all client services as well as community outreach work
Cover Letter & Resume to Melissa.email@example.com