Position Status: Full-time
FLSA: non-exempt (hourly)
Supervised by: Director of Outreach and Legal Services; Director of Finance
GENERAL DESCRIPTION AND PURPOSE:
The overall responsibility of the Crisis Line Advocate is responsible for handling all hotline calls that come into the shelter during business hours. This person will do shelter screenings, legal department referrals, counseling referrals, and any other referrals that are needed for the client on the call. The Crisis Line Advocate will also ensure accuracy of all crisis line calls and other client data.
The qualifications listed below are representative of the education, experience, skill/ability, and licenses/credentials required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) required.
- Experience in the field of domestic and/or sexual violence.
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to maintain accurate data and documentation of client services
- Ability to resolve conflict
- Provide and receive supervision
- Demonstrates effectiveness as a member of a team as well as the ability to work independently
- Work in basic computer programs such as MS Word & Excel.
- Bilingual preferred.
- Facilitate the daily operation of the crisis line.
- Attend staff meeting as required.
- Schedule and train any additional staff for the crisis line.
- Provide coverage of the crisis line during business hours
- Check Osnium data for accuracy.
- Maintain communication with case management team and other shelter staff.
- Maintenance of client and shelter records:
- Other duties as determined by the Director of Finance or the Director of Outreach and Legal Services
- Believe in and act in accordance with the agency’s mission statement and goals
- Experience working with diverse population and groups.
- Write routine reports, correspondence and appropriate case notes.
Resume and Cover Letter to Micah Titterington (email@example.com)