Title: Temporary – Donation and Stocking Clerk
Supervisor: Store Manager
Status: Non-Exempt (Part-Time)
Scope of Duties:
Greet donors, accept donations, obtain donor information and distribute receipts. Maintain good donor relationships. Sort, distribute, store and retrieve donated merchandise following established guidelines. Maximize profitability of donations by repairing, cleaning, displaying and moving the donated merchandise. Assist donation driver with large donation pick-up and distribution. Move heavy boxes and furniture, vacuum floors, break down empty boxes, remove trash from store. Set-up, install and dust/clean displays, shelves and store fixtures. Clean windows, bathrooms, and floors when scheduled. Work with volunteers as assigned. Attend scheduled staff meetings. Perform other duties as assigned. Evening and weekend work may be required. Job requires heavy lifting, use of ladders and step-stools, and knowledge of basic mechanical skills and tools.
Essential Job Functions:
- Greet donors, receive and distribute donations and receipt appropriately.
- Maintain good donor and customer relationships.
- Sort, clean, repair, price and inventory donations as directed to maximize their value and profitability.
- Assist with heavy lifting, display, inventory, storage and retrieval of donations and customer purchases.
- Assist with basic store maintenance.
- Display merchandise in an orderly and appealing manner.
- Safeguard store assets through loss prevention techniques including appropriate cash handling procedures, minimizing theft opportunities, reporting suspected shoplifting, securing premises consistently at closing and during store hours, and diligently maintaining observation and control of entrances, exits and employee only areas.
- Other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or GED. Demonstrate the ability to accurately make change and use a cash register after training. Must be able to frequently lift at least 50 and up to 100 pounds, climb stairs/ladders/step-stools and stand for extended periods of time. Must have good verbal communication skills and the ability to work cooperatively with others as a team. Bilingual language skills in Spanish and English are not necessary but would be considered an asset. All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
I have read and understood the Thrift Store Donation and Stocking Clerk job description. I am willing and able to perform the functions described.
Go to 2nd Chance Thrift Store for application.
1412 Sunset Blvd Waco, Texas 76710.