Title: Thrift Store Clerk
Supervisor: Store Manager
Status: Non-Exempt (Part-Time)
Scope of Duties:
Greet donors, accept donations, obtain donor information and distribute receipts. Maintain good donor relationshjps. Sort, price, inventory and display donated merchandise following established guidelines. Maximize profitability of donations by repairing, cleaning, combining, and attractively displaying the donated merchandise. Dress display windows weekly, replacing items when sales are made. Answer phones, create and print signs and price tags, greet customers, run the register as needed following opening and closing procedures and money-handling guidelines. Make deposits as directed. Vacuum floors, dust displays and shelves, clean windows, bathrooms, and floors when scheduled. Work with volunteers as assigned. Attend scheduled staff meetings. Perform other duties as assigned. Evening and weekend work may be required.
Essential Job Functions:
- Greet donors, receive donations and receipt appropriately.
- Maintain good donor and customer relationships.
- Sort, clean, repair, price and inventory donations as directed to maximize their value and profitability.
- Assist customers and complete sales using the register and credit card processing system as assigned.
- Wash, dry, steam and press clothes as needed for appropriate display.
- Display merchandise in an orderly and appealing manner.
- Safeguard store assets through loss prevention techniques including appropriate cash handling procedures, minimizing theft opportunities, reporting suspected shoplifting, securing premises consistently at closing and during store hours, and diligently maintaining observation and control of entrances, exits and employee only areas.
- Other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or GED. Demonstrate the ability to accurately make change and use a cash register after training. Must be able to lift at least 25 pounds, climb stairs and stand for extended periods of time. Must have good verbal communication skills and the ability to work cooperatively with others as a team. Bilingual language skills in Spanish and English are not necessary but would be considered an asset.
All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
I have read and understood the Thrift Store Clerk Job description. I am willing and able to perform the functions described.
Send resume to Whitney.Thomas@familyabusecenter.org.