FLSA Status: non-exempt (hourly)
Friday – 8 hours
Essential Job Functions:
Serve as executive assistant to the Administrative staff by assisting in the preparation of board packets, setting up filing systems, handling initial calls into the agency, maintaining records, greet visitors and fill out required forms for the agency. Provide day to day oversight of office operations. Keep department organized by ensuring necessary supplies and office equipment are available and in working order.
The Office Manager will:
- Services as administrative support to the Finance Department, Development Department and Executive Director on duties as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ensure that all crisis calls are answered and appropriate referrals are made.
- Provides appropriate access for all visitors and contractors to the shelter while maintaining the confidentiality and safety of all clients.
- Enter data from source documents in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates experience and ease working with a diverse population of people and is diplomatic in dealing with volunteers, clients and staff.
- Strong organizational skills
- Demonstrates effectiveness as a member of a team as well as the ability to work independently and to take initiative
- Demonstrates skills of self-direction with excellent follow through skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills, including ability to use various software applications, spreadsheets, databases, and graphics. MS Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge are a plus.
- Knowledge of working with volunteers, clients and staff.
Accountabilities of the Office Manager
- Office duties
- Responsible for answering phones, including crisis calls
- Answers phones in a consistent, professional, and friendly manner
- Documents and disseminates messages to appropriate staff
- Opens and distributes mail with properly documentation of all checks received
- Checks accounting deposits as required
- Other duties as assigned
Supervised by: Director of Finance
Send cover letters and resumes to Whitney.Thomas@familyabusecenter.org.
Family Abuse Center
Part-time Adult/Child Counselor
Job Title: Bilingual Part-time Adult/Child Counselor
Reports to: Family Violence Counselor
FLSA Status: Non- exempt, Part time – 8-20 hours per week
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Adult/Child Counselor will provide Spanish-speaking individual and group counseling for primary and secondary adult/child victims of domestic violence.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide individual and group counseling
- Provide counseling services including diagnosing, assessing, and treating individuals utilizing crisis intervention, cognitive behavioral, solution focused, motivational interviewing, grief and loss, play therapy, and any other therapeutic techniques as necessary.
- Provide intensive case management when appropriate
- Identify client needs and make referrals for services when appropriate
- Maintain appropriate documentation for clients as required by supervisor, funders, and agency
- Complete other tasks as assigned by supervisor
- Master’s degree in social work or counseling required (LMSW, LCSW, LMFT-Associate, LMFT, LPC-Intern, or LPC)
- Bilingual Required
- Experience in the field of domestic and/or sexual violence
- Experience working with adults and children in crisis
- Experience providing individual and group counseling for primary and secondary adult/child victims of domestic violence
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience working with a diverse population and groups
- Strong organizational skills
- Understands appropriate conflict resolution and demonstrates skill
- Ability to maintain personal balance while accomplishing multiple tasks that require a variety of skills
- Ability to provide and receive peer supervision
- Demonstrates effectiveness as a member of a team as well as the ability to work independently
- Demonstrates skills of self-direction
- Flexibility and ability to prioritize job responsibilities.
Signature of Employee Date
Send resumes and cover letters to Jaja.Chen@familyabusecenter.org.
We have had such an amazing time this summer, but it’s time to start preparing for school again. Please keep in mind Family Abuse Center has students from Pre-Kindergarten all the way through High School. See below for a list of needed items. We greatly appreciate your support!
New/Gently Used uniforms
Erasers Quart size
Ziploc style bags
3 Ring Binders
Dry Erase Markers
Calculators (all grades)
Packages of wide-ruled notebook paper
Standard 12” ruler
We are sold out of tickets for this year’s Dancing with the Waco Stars. All tickets will be held at will call. Please note, if you did not personally purchase your tickets, they maybe listed under the name of the person/entity who purchased them. The doors will open at 6:00 pm. Dinner will be served promptly at 7:00 pm and the dancing will start at 7:30 pm. Should you have any questions, please contact Whitney Thomas as 254-772-8999.
Family Abuse Center is sold out of tickets for this year’s Dancing with the Waco Stars. All tickets will be held at will call. Please note, if you did not personally purchase your tickets, they maybe listed under the name of the person/entity who purchased them. The doors will open at 6:00 pm. Dinner will be served promptly at 7:00 pm and the dancing will start at 7:30 pm. For more information please see the Dancing with the Waco Stars Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/DancingWithTheWacoStars/ or call 254-772-8999.