Position Status: Full-time Development Coordinator
FLSA: non-exempt (hourly)
Supervised by: Executive Director
GENERAL DESCRIPTION AND PURPOSE:
The Development Coordinator will participate in development activities consistent with fundraising strategies and as directed by the Executive Director and will cultivate productive relationships with donors, volunteers and other affiliates.
The qualifications listed below are representative of the education, experience, skill/ability, and licenses/credentials required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, communications, marketing, journalism, or writing.
- Experience in the field of fund development
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Speak effectively before groups in the community.
- Ability to maintain accurate data and documentation of donations (in-kind and financial gifts)
- Ability to manage projects that include multiple personnel and to meet deadlines.
- Ability to write grants
- Provide and receive supervision
- Demonstrates effectiveness as a member of a team as well as the ability to work independently
- Work in basic computer programs such as MS Word & Excel., PowerPoint and Databases.
- Daily deposit, Raiser’s Edge gift entry, acknowledgement of gifts, database maintenance and reports;
- Donor stewardship and corporate solicitations as assigned;
- Grant application preparation as assigned, according to grants calendar and guidelines;
- Coordination of direct mail projects, including printing, list preparation, and mailouts.
- Event participation and support.
- Believe in and act in accordance with the agency’s mission statement and goals
- Experience working with diverse population and groups.
- Read and interpret documents such as operating manuals and professional journals.
- Write routine reports, correspondence and appropriate requests for funding.
Send cover letters and resumes to Kathy.Reid@familyabusecenter.org.
Due to summer schedules, interviews will not be held until after July 20th.