Family Abuse Center
Part-time Adult/Child Counselor
Job Title: Bilingual Part-time Adult/Child Counselor
Reports to: Family Violence Counselor
FLSA Status: Non- exempt, Part time – 8-20 hours per week
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Adult/Child Counselor will provide Spanish-speaking individual and group counseling for primary and secondary adult/child victims of domestic violence.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide individual and group counseling
- Provide counseling services including diagnosing, assessing, and treating individuals utilizing crisis intervention, cognitive behavioral, solution focused, motivational interviewing, grief and loss, play therapy, and any other therapeutic techniques as necessary.
- Provide intensive case management when appropriate
- Identify client needs and make referrals for services when appropriate
- Maintain appropriate documentation for clients as required by supervisor, funders, and agency
- Complete other tasks as assigned by supervisor
- Master’s degree in social work or counseling required (LMSW, LCSW, LMFT-Associate, LMFT, LPC-Intern, or LPC)
- Bilingual Required
- Experience in the field of domestic and/or sexual violence
- Experience working with adults and children in crisis
- Experience providing individual and group counseling for primary and secondary adult/child victims of domestic violence
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience working with a diverse population and groups
- Strong organizational skills
- Understands appropriate conflict resolution and demonstrates skill
- Ability to maintain personal balance while accomplishing multiple tasks that require a variety of skills
- Ability to provide and receive peer supervision
- Demonstrates effectiveness as a member of a team as well as the ability to work independently
- Demonstrates skills of self-direction
- Flexibility and ability to prioritize job responsibilities.
Signature of Employee Date
Send resumes and cover letters to Jaja.Chen@familyabusecenter.org.