Men and women who are isolated by distance, Family Abuse Center (FAC) serves seven counties in central Texas including:
Services provided to residents of these counties who cannot or do not wish to relocate temporarily or permanently to Waco are free of cost and include:
- Counseling: Short-term (usually 6-8 weeks), one-on-one sessions with a licensed social worker to address a variety of issues caused by previous or current abuse
- Legal Advocacy: Assistance with applying for Crime Victim Compensation or Protective Order, when you are not being assisted by your county Victim Assistance Liaison. Legal advocacy also includes court accompaniment and assistance with finding resources for divorce or custody suits.
- Case Management: Men and women who are moving toward survivorship, find that starting a new life free from violence can be complicated and overwhelming. Case management services offer someone help walk through the process of finding employment, housing, social services, or education.
- Support Groups: When sufficient interest exists in the area
- Children’s Counseling: For children and youth who are either the primary or secondary victims of family violence, we offer age-appropriate counseling services
Services will not be provided in client’s home, but a neutral place in close proximity to client’s home.
If you or someone you know would benefit from meeting with the Rural Advocate, call Justine Lowrey at 254.772.8999 X2256
or email her at Justine.Lowrey@familyabusecenter.org.Back to Victim Services