We currently have the following positions open:
Director of Finance
GENERAL DESCRIPTION AND PURPOSE:
The overall responsibility of the Director is to oversee all aspects of the finances of the Family Abuse Center.
q Bachelor’s Degree in the field of Accounting
q Experience in the field of non-profit or for-profit accounting and/or finance preferred
q Computer proficiency including Quickbooks, Microsoft Windows, Word and Excel.
q Strong verbal and written communication skills
q Ability to analyze and solve practical problems
q Ability to handle crisis situations with sensitivity and assertiveness
q Strong organizational skills
q Ability to multi-task
q Demonstrates effectiveness as a member of a team as well as the ability to work independently and to take initiative
q Flexibility and ability to prioritize job responsibilities
q Executive Director
TYPE OF POSITION: Full-Time Exempt
q General bookkeeping functions: processing checks, deposits, preparing general journal entries for depreciation, accrued expenses, accrued interest receivable, etc. for both shelter and thrift store.
q Maintains personnel records and performs payroll function.
q Prepare financial and accounting documents, reports and statements in compliance with generally accepted accounting principles.
q Manage the departmental accounting systems.
q Monitor expenses by program area and notify Executive Director of any areas of concern.
q Ensure safeguarding of financial records and equipment assets.
q Review all organizational contracts.
q Manage the accounting of grantor funds, monitor disbursements, and provide
fiscal the reports required by funders.
q Regularly review and report on liquid assets, monitor and project cash flow.
q Assist in the development of the organization’s annual budget.
q Conduct annual risk assessment and insurance policy review.
q Coordinate annual audit and serve as liaison between auditors and Audit Committee.
q Analyze short-term and long-term fiscal goals and project cash requirements.
q Develop and update a five-year financial forecast each year.
One Time Projects:
q Evaluate areas where increased use of software will benefit the organization. Develop and implement training schedule for increased software usage.
q Develop, implement, and test written financial management policies and operating procedures.
If interested in this position, please email a cover letter and your resume to Kathy Reid, Executive Director, at Kathy.Reid@familyabusecenter.org.
GENERAL Description and PURPOSE:
The primary responsibilities of the Resident Advocates (RA) are to provide crisis intervention and referrals on the 24-hour crisis line and provide resident assistance to those in the 24-hour shelter. R.A’s approve admission to FAC in accordance with policies and procedures, provide front desk coverage (answering incoming calls, assisting residents at front desk, etc.) in between hotline calls as needed, provides shelter intakes to incoming shelter residents and help clients move and settle into shelter and participates in volunteer training when needed.
• High School Diploma or GED
• 1-2 years experience in the field of Domestic and/or Sexual Violence preferred, or the same amount of residential services and/or case management experience
• Experience in social or human service field required
• Strong verbal communication skills
• Ability to problem solve and diffuse conflict under pressure
• Demonstrate experience and ease working with a diverse population of clients
• Ability to handle crisis situations with sensitivity and assertiveness
• Strong Organizational skills
• Demonstrates effectiveness as a member of a team as well as the ability to work independently and to take initiative
• Flexibility and ability to prioritize job responsibilities
• Ability to maintain personal balance and accomplish multiple tasks that require a variety of skills
• Demonstrates skills of self-direction
• Light Clerical duties
• None required
• Shelter Coordinator
ACCOUNTABLLITES OF RESIDENT ADVOCATE:
1. Provide direct services to primary and secondary survivors of domestic violence:
2. Provide non-direct service activities for primary and secondary survivors of domestic violence
3. Maintain Shelter Programming Statistics and Documentation.
4. Maintain a secure, clean, and respectful shelter location and work environment
5. Maintain communication with case management team and other shelter staff.
6. Represent FAC positively and effectively to other agencies, service systems, and communities
7. Other duties as determined by the Shelter Coordinator or Executive Director.
If you are interested in this position, email a cover letter and your resume to Heather Chandler, Shelter Coordinator, at Heather.Chandler@familyabusecenter.org.